IDcircle™ Feature Descriptions
Benefits of the IDcircle™ experience
Create Safety and Trip IDs:
- Create high-quality digital IDs
- Unlimited digital IDs for your whole family
- Make dedicated IDs for vacations, trips, etc.
- Order physical ID cards your child can carry
IDs are Shareable:
- Can be easily shared with family members, babysitters, teachers, etc.
- Send IDs via text, email, and social media
- Allows you to give relevant information to authorities as fast as possible
Send State-Wide Alerts:
- Create a missing person alert sent as a notification to other users
- Notifications are sent to every user in your state and adjacent states
- Each alert contains the ID of your choice as well as specific circumstances
IDcircle™ - Add a Person
To add a person to IDcircle™, click the icon at the top right. When you add someone, you’ll start with their photo and then provide profile information.
IDcircle™ - Safety ID
This is good to have on hand for anyone in your care. Add a person, or click their profile from the main list. Add or edit a photo. Provide general information.
When you add a person to your IDcircle™ app, we’ll start a Safety ID for them. You can tap their profile to view their two ID cards… Safety ID and Trip ID. We’ll talk about Trip IDs in a different post. For now, tap on the Safety ID to update profile information.
Safety IDs will automatically set an expiration date some time from when you edit it to let you know it may be time to come back and update.
Tap the card in order to:
- Share it – you can share a digital ID with family members, babysitters, etc. They can use this in case of an emergency
- Download it – keep a copy of it on your device photo gallery. Keep it in your mobile “wallet” in case you need to reference it at any point
- Purchase it – you can purchase a printed / physical Safety ID Card to keep in your wallet or to give to someone in case they have a hard time remembering important information
- Create an Alert – we’ll cover this in a different post.
IDcircle™ - Trip ID
Create a new Trip ID any time you’re going out. Especially useful for small children. This allows you to have a current photo and up-to-date information for that day.
If it’s your first time using this function, just tap the Trip ID card. If not, tap the card and choose “Edit”.
- Take a picture of the person to show what they look like right now.
- Add some additional information about your trip – especially where you are.
Now you can use this ID just like you’d use a normal Safety ID. The big difference is that THIS IS THE ID YOU’D WANT TO CREATE AN ALERT FROM IF YOU’RE ON A TRIP since it has the most recent information and image of your missing person.
IDcircle™ - Create a Missing Person Alert
Once you have created an ID (Safety ID or Trip ID) in IDcircle™, you may use that ID to generate a Missing Person Alert.
- If something happens and your child or family member goes missing, CONTACT THE AUTHORITIES. That’s always the very first thing you’ll want to do. You can use IDcircle™ afterward to let other app users know about the alert and/or share an ID with authorities.
- Tap the most appropriate ID to use. Note that, if you’re on a trip, that’s most certainly the one you’ll want to use.
- Let us know important information like where and when the person was last seen.
- Confirm that everything looks correct and then…
- CREATE YOUR ALERT!
Your alert will be sent to all IDcircle™ users in your state and in adjacent states.
You can also download your alert after it’s generated so you can share that with the authorities and/or Social Media.
IDcircle™ - Responding to an Alert
If you receive an alert and have information about a Missing Person, CONTACT AUTHORITIES!
Even though the Missing Person alert may have contact information for the guardian who posted the alert, don’t do anything until after you have contacted authorities. At that point, it’s up to you as to whether you want to contact someone outside of IDcircle™.
NOTE: IDcircle™ is not responsible for the content or efficacy of alerts which have been generated by other users. That said, if you receive an alert that seems questionable, please don’t hesitate to contact IDcircle™ using the form at the bottom of this page.
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Contact us with questions.